For small and midsize companies in industries like restaurants, repair services, and salons, reaching local customers should be your number one priority.
YOU DON’T SHOW UP ON GOOGLE AUTOMATICALLY
One common misconception with Google is that you will automatically show up, complete with correct information and beautiful images. Unfortunately, that isn’t the case. So, by now you’re probably wondering, how do I make sure my business shows up on Google?
Great question. Google displays profiles of local businesses by using its handy platform Google My Business. We’ll fill you in on the details, like how much it costs and how to set it up below!
HOW MUCH DOES GOOGLE MY BUSINESS COST?
It’s completely free and your listing will show up across multiple formats such as Google Maps and Organic Search results! Chances are, you’ve seen these profiles before. Here’s an example of ours:
WHAT BUSINESS INFORMATION IS DISPLAYED?
- A direct link in Google Maps to your address/location
- Hours of operation
- Special holiday or event hours
- A direct link to your website
- Photos of your building
- Phone number and/or email address
By having all of the information a customer needs to know about your business, you improve their confidence in how to find you, which ultimately impacts your sales and bottom line!
GOOGLE MAPS + GOOGLE MY BUSINESS
Did you know that nearly 70% of smartphone users turn to Google Maps for their navigation needs? This is a large segment of the market that you can capitalize on by combining the power of Google My Business and Google Maps.
Here’s a real-life example for you: Let’s say you’re hungry for pizza. Chances are, you’re looking for somewhere close by that has great reviews. Check out what you’d see on Google Maps:
As you can see, there are quite a few pizza places nearby. You are probably more likely to make your decision based on these results alone, so having an updated Google My Business profile that shows up on Google Maps can really change the game for your business.
HOW TO SET UP GOOGLE MY BUSINESS
- Head to Google My Business and start by registering your business name and address
- Google will send you a code via snail mail or email that you will enter online to verify your business listing
- After verifying your business, you can set up all of your business information that will appear on your listing. You’ll also be able to respond to reviews that are left on your profile.
If you need help setting up your Google My Business or you’re looking for a partner that can help you reach more of your local customers, get in touch with us!