The Contest: Exploring Fishers
Imavex and RQAW are proud to present the Imavex & RQAW Art Scholarship Contest for young, aspiring and talented artists in Fishers. We will be hosting three seperate contests each with 1st, 2nd and 3rd place scholarship prizes. The theme of the contest will be "Exploring Fishers." What does Exploring Fishers mean to you? You can express this in one (or more) of the following contests:
All winning artwork will be on display at Imavex and RQAW for a period of one year.
Current student attending Fishers or HSE HS as a Junior (‘19) or Senior (‘18) OR graduated from Fishers or HSE HS and will be enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college or university for the 2018-2019 school year.
- April 16th 2018 - Contest Start Date
- May 25th 2018 - Registration Deadline
- June 22nd 2018 - Art Submission Deadline
- June 27th - July 8th - VOTING: Public via Social Media
- July 9th - July 11th - VOTING: Fishers & HSE Art Teachers
- July 9th - July 11th - VOTING: Imavex / RQAW
- July 12th - Winner Announcements
- July 13th - Fishers ART Crawl and Art Displayed at Imavex / RQAW
- All art work must follow the theme of "Exploring Fishers" and be submitted with a TITLE and DESCRIPTION. All work submitted will be reviewed by a panel of Imavex and RQAW staff along with art teachers from Fishers and HSE High Schools. Any work that does not meet the guidelines or theme can be removed from the contest.
- A Media Release Waiver will be requested upon enrollment into the contest. Name, Age, School and Artwork will be released to the media including but not limited to social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), websites (Imavex.com, RQAW.com, etc.) and news outlets (local press). Anyone under the age of 18 must also sign the waiver.
- Students and Alumni of Fishers and HSE HS will be verified by each respective school.
There are multiple phases to the voting process. Each phase of the process will have different weighted values, giving full consideration to the community, experts and contest hosts. The entire contest has a grand total of 1000 total points that a single contest can realize for each individual contest. The weighted values are based on the table data below.
Public voting will be held on Facebook. Each "LIKE" is considered a vote. The artist has the opportunity to "share" their work with family, friends, etc.. to be voted on. The top 5 popular votes will be given a score of 75, 62.5, 50, 37.5 and 25 points respectively.
Teachers voting will be held after the public voting. The panel of teachers will be given access to view each art piece and will assign 1st - 5th. A 1st place vote gets 100 points, second place gets 80 points, third place gets 60 points, fourth place gets 40 points and fifth place vote gets 20 points for each teacher that is voting. The points will be tallied across each teacher and assigned a top 5 finish. The top 5 teacher votes will be given a score of 99, 82.5, 66, 49.5, and 33 points respectively.
Imavex/RQAW voting will be held after the teacher voting. The panel of Imavex/RQAW staff will be given access to view each art piece and will assign 1st - 5th. A 1st place vote gets 100 points, second place gets 80 points, third place gets 60 points, fourth place gets 40 points and fifth place vote gets 20 points for each staff member that is voting. The points will be tallied across each staff member and assigned a top 5 finish. The top 5 staff votes will be given a score of 126, 105, 84, 63, and 42 points respectively.
Enter the Imavex & RQAW Art Contest and Scholarship contest prior to May 25th, 2018.