Email is one of the easiest, most affordable ways of communicating with your customers, and it remains the most effective. It allows you to interject into their day with your urgent messages, specials, or valuable information that can help them. So the golden questions are; how can I grow my email list and better yet, how do I keep them from unsubscribing?
1. Provide an incentive on your website - Customers or prospective customers coming to your website are the easiest target. They are already interested in your products or services so giving them a reason to continue to stay in touch is easy! Give them an incentive if they provide their email address. For example, A golf course could offer discounted tee times, or an eCommerce site could offer 10% discount promo code on the next online order.
2. Create a contest on Facebook or Twitter - Customers love when they can win something. A small reward can go a long way in gaining new email addresses. Examples: Create a treasure hunt by asking questions on your Facebook page and leaving answers within your website. To submit answers they fill out a form on your website along with their email address.
3. Offer an opt-in on any form or registration you may use in your business - If you're already asking your customers for other contact information then it's easy to also ask for permission to add them to your email database.
1. Provide Valuable Information - With so many emails coming into everyone's inbox everyday it's easy to pass by the ones that don't bring much value to you. Make sure each email sent out brings value to your customer and makes them want to open the next email you send. Quality is far more important then quantity.
2. Reward Them - If your customer knows they may get a special offer or discount in your email then they will be much more enticed to open and read your email.
3. Bring A Feeling of Exclusivity to Each Email - You want to make sure your customers understand they can't get these deals or information anywhere else. Your email to them is the only way to get it.
4. Segmentation - Give them what they're looking for. If they signed up on your website to receiving (receiving should be receive) email about last minute specials, don't send them boring monthly newsletters or press releases, for example. Segment your database. Understand what they're looking for and provide them with that information.
1. Email Newsletter Design - We offer custom designed email templates that will provide a professional and consistent look every time you email your customers. Contact Us to get more information on what we can design for you!
2. Email Communication & Marketing Tool - Our tool allows you to quickly send emails to your customers. You have the ability to choose what email lists are sent out, you can see who opens them, and even schedule certain times of the day to send out the newsletters.
3. Email List Management - Built into our iWorksite and ClubWorksite solutions is the ability to create email lists. That way if you have different parts to your business you can target only the customers that really would be interested in the email you are sending out. Remember, segmentation is key.
4. Email Sign-up Forms - Each form you create has the ability to automatically add the email provided to your mailing list. The cool part is you can designate which email list it gets added to. So if you are providing an incentive to one part of your business then you know everyone that signed up for that list will be interested in that part of your business. So now when you create an email you can target the specific audience within your business that will be most interested. Taking you back to the value part of keeping your customer lists growing.